How to grow your Pinterest audience
It is a common misconception that Pinterest offers less value than other social channels to brands. Pinterest accounts for around 25% of retail referral traffic and generates four times more revenue per click than Twitter. Essentially, there is a lot of opportunities on Pinterest that not many people know about, so to get ahead of the curb get your company setup.
There are a few basics, that if done correctly with a little time spent on, will really help increase your Pinterest success. Below are our top tips on how to reach audiences and increase revenue sales.
- Make sure your profile is filled out fully if you miss-out some sections it will reduce your viewability to bigger audiences. 93% of pinners shopped online in the last 6 months so it is essential that all of your profile is filled out, including all contact info and website links.
- Verify your account; it will enthuse more confidence in people to follow your page. By adding a verified icon you can implement rich pins which in return increase likes. Over 2 million people save product pins each day so make sure you get verified!
- Integrate Pinterest into your website and other social channels. Pinterest offer five different styles of buttons and widgets to place on your website, so make sure you chose the one best suited to you.
- Here is a valuable strategy Matthew Barby has trialled and tested to increase Pinterest productivity:
- Find your competitors and follow their boards, try to do around 50 each day initially for 2 weeks
- Create your own range of boards, try to make around 10
- Pin as much content as possible from your website to your range of boards with detailed descriptions and a few hashtags
- Then to maintain growth repin around 10 pins onto your boards from your newsfeed each day
With these simple tricks, it will attract a bigger audience for your company to showcase what you do, and utilise the inspiration attributes of Pinterest to better your brand and improve growth.