In a study last year conducted by Forrester Research, it was found that Instagram users were 58 times more likely to like, comment, or share a brand’s post than Facebook users and 120 times more likely than Twitter users. It makes sense. The content on Instagram is more universal and easier to engage with, and as it grows in popularity, it is a priceless tool for developing a brand or to contribute to your own personal branding – the phrase, a picture is worth a thousand words couldn’t have been more accurate. Here are few tips for increasing your followers and engagement on Instagram:
1. Use popular hashtags. Click here for a list of examples.
2. Search relevant hashtags and like all of the tagged pictures (aim for 100 a day).
3. Connect your Instagram and Facebook account. In return, more of your Facebook friends will find and follow you on Instagram.
4. Timing is important. Users are more likely to engage at certain times of
the day. Research has shown 2am and 5pm are the best times to post.
5. The worst times to post are between 9am and 6pm.
6. Get personal. Images that are more personal tend to have higher engagement.
7. Use the same theme across your posts. You want to cultivate a consistent message through your posts.
8. Use geotagging whenever possible to attract local or nearby users.
9. Consider colour branding. Research has proven that blue images have higher engagement over red and orange.
10. Create a signature hashtag. It encourages users to engage with you, as well as increases your visibility.